22. April 2014 10:58
For proper management of your Killeen rental home, there is pressing need for routine inspections. If you are a landlord having made your property available for rent, it is an absolute necessity to conduct routine property inspections. There are different kinds of routine inspections that can happen at your rental home. These are -
- Inspection by the tenant before they move in.
- Inspection by you when a tenant moves out.
- Inspection by you during the tenure of the tenancy.
These different kinds of inspections serve different purposes and can all be instrumental to ensure that you do not run into bad experiences as a landlord. They also go a long way to preserve the integrity and good condition of your property. These inspections are also instrumental in preventing any misunderstanding between you and your tenant, and facilitate a genial, cordial tenant-landlord relationship. As you can see, routine inspections have a lot of benefit for your rental home and should never be compromised with.
To further explore the immense benefits of routine home inspections, let us consider this point. Since your rental home is your property, you need to be aware of the condition it is in - how well has it been maintained by your tenants and their habits. You need to routinely keep yourself informed about the living habits of your tenants and if they are affecting the health of your property in any way. Carrying out routine scheduled or unscheduled inspections is a great way to ensure whether your tenants are adhering to the terms of your contract and are not causing damage to your house.
During routine inspections at your homes for rent in Killeen TX your priorities should always be safety and cleanliness. Make sure that your tenants keep your rental home clean. Also, ensure that there has been no damage to property including furniture, doors and windows, plumbing pipes and electrical outlets. If your tenant is found responsible for damaging your property in any way you can seek redress. On the other hand, if systems and units in the house are not functioning as they should, you need to shoulder the responsibility to replace them.
Routine inspections are mutually beneficial because they reveal not only your concerns, but also your duties. Make sure you carry out these inspections regularly and always have them documented and captured on photographs. This way you can stay on top of most issues and ensure a smooth, trouble-free tenancy.
16. April 2014 07:26
With so many homes available for rent in Harker Heights TX, there is always a lot of thought involved before you zero in on a particular choice. Renting a house involves considerable investment of your hard-earned money every month. Hence, it is important to know which property is worthy of being rented. Read on to know some tips that will come in handy for the same:
- Security is the prime concern when you move into a new house. Hence, you should have a good idea about the security arrangements at the apartment as well as the complex building. One aspect is that proper fencing should be in place. In addition, the house should be situated in a busy locality with easy access to emergency services such as the police and fire departments.
- An idea of the neighborhood is also important. When you move into a new house in a complex, it is not that you will be living in isolation. Constant interaction with neighbors becomes an inherent part of staying at a new place. So it always helps to have an idea about the kind of people that live in the locality.
- Next thing to look out for is the condition of the property. Doors and windows should lock properly and should not make any squeaky sounds when they are moved. The rooms should be ventilated and have room for natural sunlight and fresh air to enter the house. Freshly painted walls are always an added advantage as they give a neat look to the house.
- Plumbing leakages or any electrical wiring should be checked for fault. In case there is some problem, you can always tell your landlord to get them repaired beforehand.
- When renting a house, the mode and time of payment of the monthly rent is a very important factor. Discuss the terms and conditions thoroughly with the landlord so that there is no hassle for both the parties later on.
If you are looking for a rental home in Harker Heights, we, at John Reider Properties can help you in the search. We provide a wide range of listings of residential properties to choose from. For more information, you can visit us at 455 E. Central Texas Expwy, Suite 101, Harker Heights, TX 76548 or call at (254) 699 – 8300.