19. August 2014 06:42
Having a rental property can be a very time demanding and difficult job for a landlord. Checking if everything is working properly, collecting rents, hiring tenants that stay for long and ensuring good tenants can be very daunting and difficult tasks. To get some assistance with managing the rental property it is advisable to hire a property management company that can set you free from all the hassles. Given here are some of the benefits that you, as a landlord, can have by taking the services of a property management company.
- Tenant Selection: It is very important for the landlords to have a vigilant check on the tenants to make sure that they are responsible enough to pay their rents on time. Property management companies have a well-defined procedure to examine the applicants and screen out potentially bad tenants.
- Market Assessment: Property management companies have a decent idea about the market trends and will help you to decide on the correct rent for your residential property.
- Marketing: A property management company will effectively publicize your property in the rental market and they also have a list of tenants who are looking for a rental property.
- Showing the property: Staging a property requires investing a lot of time and effort on the part of a landlord. With the help of a property management company all the details are taken care of as they handle the task on your behalf.
- Regular maintenance: The property management company conducts periodic inspections of your residential property to ensure that it is in good condition and to check if the tenants are maintaining it properly or not.
- Proximity: A local property manager will be more accessible to your property and save you the time to go there personally, particularly if you live in another town.
- Tenant Retention: Hiring tenants that stay for long is also a tough task. One of the major reasons why tenants change a property is the inadequate and delayed services of the landlords. With a property management company, you can be assured of best and immediate services to your tenants and thus reduce vacancy cycles considerably.
- Professional approach: There must be a professional approach between the landlord and the tenants which ensures smooth rental payments and transparency in dealings. Hiring a property manager will maintain this relationship on a professional footing which will be favorable for the landlord in the long run.
We, at John Reider Properties offer professional property management services to all our clients in Harker Heights, TX. For more information, please contact us at (254) 699-8300.
5. August 2014 06:11
When you are looking to rent out your home you may receive a number of rental applications from people including senior citizens. It may even be the case that you may want to specifically rent out your home to senior citizen tenants. However when you rent your home to seniors there are a number of important factors that need to be kept in mind for the rental process to go smoothly. Renting to seniors can be an enjoyable and rewarding experience if you understand that seniors function quite differently from younger tenants. You may also need insight into the way seniors approach situations and how to handle those situations with ease. Here are a few important tips for renting your home to seniors.
Targeted Marketing – When you are looking to rent your home specifically to seniors, you need to make subtle changes to your advertising and marketing techniques. The best way to attract the attention of prospective senior tenants is a print advertisement as most seniors are habitual newspaper readers. However you should not write off internet advertisement totally as many seniors nowadays have a growing affinity for technology.
Relevant Listing – You should try to make your listing as visually relevant as possible to translate properly for senior tenants. For example, while advertising for a rental home for low income groups you must not make your advertisement flashy or fancy. This helps seniors looking for affordable places to stay consider your listing as a good option at first glance.
The Right Places – To attract the attention of senior tenants, you need to advertise at the right places. For online ads, choose websites that are particularly geared towards senior audiences. There are a number of websites which specialize in providing rental services to seniors which should be your target. You must put up ads in places like senior centers where senior citizens congregate regularly. This will ensure that you get maximum response for your rental property.
Understanding Landlord –During the whole home rental process, you have to understand the needs of senior tenants and be receptive to them. You should make sure that you thoroughly explain the rental procedure to them, mentioning all the information you need and what it would imply for them financially. Seniors might take time reaching to a decision and you need to avoid rushing them to make a decision in order to have a successful tenancy.