18. November 2014 10:22
Signing a tenancy agreement without reading it thoroughly and considering certain points can lead to a troublesome tenancy. Therefore you must check out what you are agreeing to and the facts that you are accepting when signing the deal.
Here are certain things that you must consider before signing a tenancy agreement.
Check out the lease terms
Before you agree to the terms, make sure you read them carefully. Read the length of the lease, the beginning and the expiry dates of the lease and the renewal options.
Responsibility of maintenance, repairs and improvements
You should make sure that the lease document clearly states who would be responsible for the repairs, maintenance and improvement of the property. It should clarify your role as a tenant and should not have open ended statements. Ensuring that the document indicates whom you should contact for urgent and non-urgent maintenance and repairs will be helpful in the long run.
It is crucial to be aware of all payment terms mentioned in the lease document. Check out the payment options on whether you are required to pay rent in advance and before you move in. Also be aware of the amount of bond deposit or security deposit that you will need to pay. The due date of the rent and the accepted payment method should be clarified beforehand. You should read the documents carefully about the terms or conditions that will deny you your bond refund.
You should inform yourself about everything important related to the property such as the facilities available in the property, whether parking is included in the rental fee or it not. Confirm about the pet policies and the policies related to guests. Enquire about the utilities, furniture and appliances that are included in the rental price. You should also make sure that there are proper security arrangements.
Know about the renewal of lease agreement
If you are not renting the property on a monthly basis, your agreement should include an automatic renewal clause which means that you can renew your lease at the end of the lease term. This protects you from leaving the property against your will. According to the lease renewal clause, your landlord will notify you about the ending of lease term. This also requires you to notify the landlord, if you do not intend to renew the lease.
It is important that you understand everything mentioned in the lease agreement before you sign it. If you have any doubts, you can consult a professional real estate agent who will not only explain you all the clauses in detail but also ensure that your rights are protected. They guide you before you sign the lease agreement and make sure you do face problems in the future.
For more tips, visit John Reider Properties. We are located at 455 E. Central Texas Expwy Suite 101 Harker Heights, TX 76548. You can also contact our real estate agents at (254) 699-8300.
11. November 2014 06:43
Whether you own a residential or commercial property, managing it in a property way is extremely important to ensure proper returns on your investment. As a leading property management company in Killeen, TX, John Reider Properties helps you to keep your property in good shape always. We strive to add value to your biggest asset and investment.
Some of the property management services offered by us include:
- Choosing right tenants - To avoid evictions, you must find a tenant who has a good track record. We will help you in screening the tenants proper and find the most reliable ones for your property. A good tenant will not only pay rent on time, but also avoid damaging the property in any way.
- Dealing with legal issues - We, on your behalf, will handle all the legal issues involving tenants. Our property managers have complete knowledge about the latest landlord-tenant laws. They will make sure that you are not vulnerable to any lawsuits. Besides helping you with tenant screening, we also assist you to handle evictions, conflicts, security deposits, lease termination etc.
- Reducing vacancy period - We know that vacancy periods can be quite stressful. Thus, we perform a thorough background check to make sure that you rent out your property to long-term and reliable tenants. We determine the best rent rates according to the current real estate market trends. We will also market your property effectively through online MLS listings available at our website.
- Retaining tenants - We are not only responsible for getting good tenants for you, but also ensure that you have better tenant retention. We will regularly visit the property to check if the tenants are facing any issues. In case there is any problem, our property managers will resolve it in the least possible time. We ensure that all the necessary repairs are timely done so that the tenants do not find any reasons to complain or vacate the property.
- Collecting rent on time - Being a reputed property management company in Texas, we ensure that we collect the rents on time. We also provide you with a monthly statement of all the rents collected in the previous month.
- Maintaining the property - Either your property is occupied or lying vacant, we will take care of its landscaping, maintenance, electrical, plumbing etc. to make sure that everything is in its best condition. This will help you increase the value of your property.
We, at John Reider Properties, specialize in both commercial and residential property management. For more details, call us at (254) 699 - 8300.