23. April 2015 07:37
One of the most important aspects of renting a home is finding a place that is the perfect fit for you as well as your family. Aside from deciding the location and budget, there are a number of other things that you must consider when renting a home. Discussing your requirements and expectations with the landlord before signing the lease will ensure that you will have a comfortable rental experience.
Given here are some important things to consider before renting a home:
- Verify Your Credit Rating: Check your credit rating before beginning the search for a rental home. This will help you determine whether you are eligible to apply for a particular home or not. Landlords mainly look for foreclosures, debts and rental history in your credit reports.
- Ask About Rental Payments: Before considering a home, make sure that its monthly rent fits in your budget. Ask the landlord about any security deposit to be paid. Also discuss about the due date to pay the rent, what payment methods are available and if there is late fee charged after the due date.
- Check Utilities: When you rent a home, you will also be responsible to pay for the utilities such as gas, electricity and water. Ask the landlord if these expenses are included in your monthly rent or you would be provided with a separate bill. You can obtain an estimate for the monthly utility expenses from the concerned authority in your area.
- Pet Policy: If you own a pet or planning to own one in the near future, discuss it well in advance with your landlord. Most rental homes either have a no pet policy or certain rules regarding the type or number of pets that a tenant can keep.
- Maintenance Requests: Discuss about the maintenance services that the landlord will provide. Also, inquire about whom to contact in case of an electrical issue, broken kitchen appliance, plumbing problem or pest infestation.
- Parking: Determine whether you have to pay separately for parking or if it is included in the rent. Also inquire about the specified parking area for the guests that come to your place.
We, at John Reider Properties are a leading real estate firm serving Killeen, TX. Our agents can help you search the most suitable home for rent according to your needs and budget. For more information, you can call us at (254) 699 – 8300.
11. April 2015 10:15
A lot of work goes into finding an appropriate commercial property on lease for your business. It is a very nerve-wracking and daunting task where many things need to be considered. It is absolutely critical that you do not rush into signing a commercial lease without weighing up its long-term consequences.
Given here are some important things that you must consider before signing a commercial lease:
- Get A Written Contract: Even though this may seem to be obvious, many people ignore this important fact especially if they know the landlord or agent. Getting everything on paper is extremely necessary in order to protect your legal rights in the long run.
- Read The Fine Print: Lease agreements can be quite lengthy and contain some complicated details, legal terms and clauses. Due to this, many people just skip off reading it thoroughly which can lead to problems in future. It is essential that you thoroughly read and understand every single thing that has been stated in the contract. You can also consult a real estate agent for the same and ensure that all your queries are answered. He can help you get familiar with the terms and also suggest any changes for your benefit.
- Check The Lease Term: This involves checking the time period for which you will be bound to the lease. You probably do not want yourself to be stuck to the place for a long time even if it isn’t working for you or the business needs expansion. You can negotiate the term with your landlord beforehand. You can go for a 1 or 2-year lease with an option to renew at the end of the term.
- Know What The Rent Covers: Assuming that you would have to pay just the base rent is a big mistake. There are a number of additional charges such as utilities, garbage clean up, maintenance etc. that would come up as you maintain the property. You should ask your landlord if all these are included in the rent. Also, clarify as to who will be responsible for the costs of the entire repair work in the property.
We, at John Reider Properties, can help you find the perfect commercial space for lease in Killeen. For more information, you can call us at (254) 699 – 8300.