21. May 2015 09:38
Renting has numerous benefits as it eliminates a horde of responsibilities pertaining to maintenance, mortgage and taxes. However, finding a suitable rental home can be quite a challenging task.
Here are some things you need to consider while looking for rental home in Killeen, TX:
- Decide a budget: Before setting out for your search, you must decide a budget and stick to it. It is recommended that the rent amount must not exceed about 30 per cent of your monthly income. Therefore, it is essential that you carefully assess your needs and look for a suitable house that fits your budget.
- Check Location And Amenities: Ensure that you choose the best location for your rental home. The home should have all the facilities you need for comfortable living like yard, garage, porch etc. It should also cater to all your basic needs such as proximity to school, supermarket, transportation etc.
- Inspect The House: You must thoroughly check the house and look for any signs of dampness, leakage and breakage. Make sure there is sufficient storage space and if the home is furnished, check the condition of the furniture and electrical appliances. The curtains and carpets should be in good condition as well.
- Check The Lawn And Exteriors: Make sure the lawn and outdoor area of the house is well maintained and properly landscaped. Before you sign the lease, it is always better to confirm whether you or the landlord will be responsible for maintaining the lawn.
- Check The Pet Policy: If you have or intend to keep a pet, make sure you check the pet policy for the home that you are planning to rent.
- Look At Safety And Security: While renting a home, it is crucial that you consider its safety and security. Check for any loose fittings or wiring and if you notice anything you must bring it to the attention of the landlord. There should be smoke alarms, fire extinguishers and fire blankets in the home. It is also important that you check the locks on windows and doors.
- Read The Lease Carefully: Make sure you understand all the terms mentioned in the lease agreement. Carefully check the rent amount, length of lease, deposit requirements, refunds, home maintenance policies, eviction terms etc.to avoid any hassles at a later stage.
We, at John Reider Properties can help you find an affordable rental home in Killeen, TX. For more information, you can call us at (254) 699 – 8300.
14. May 2015 07:34
Owning a rental property is a profitable business provided that it is managed properly. Regular maintenance and management of the property minimizes vacancies and increases the chances of a constant flow of income. However, if you live in a different city or find it difficult to take out spare time, managing a property can be daunting and strenuous task. In such case, you can consider hiring a professional property management company to ensure that your property remains in a good shape and attracts quality tenants. John Reider Properties provides complete property management services to the residential and commercial properties in Killeen, TX.
Some of the property management services provided are:
- Determine Rent: An experienced property manager can help you determine the appropriate rent according to the size, type, location, current real estate trends and amenities provided by the property. An attractive property asking for a competitive rent attracts many potential tenants.
- Follow Housing Regulations: There are certain specific rules and regulations that landlords must follow with reference to selecting tenants and keeping the property well maintained. The property management company can help you understand these rules so that you avoid any legal hassles in the future.
- Screen Tenants: This is an important phase to ensure a successful rental business and a smooth tenancy. The property management company follows a systematic procedure to screen the tenancy applications. The credit rating, income, criminal record, past rental experience etc. are thoroughly verified. This helps to ensure that you are renting your place to quality tenants who will pay the rent on time, have secure jobs and keep the property well maintained.
- Inspect The Property: It is important that the rented property be inspected after periodic intervals to identify potential repairs or issues. A property manager conducts thorough interior and exterior inspection to make sure that the tenants are maintaining the property.
- Collect Rent: The property management company will also be responsible for collecting rent from the tenants and depositing it in your account. You shall also be provided with a detailed financial statement at the end of every month stating all the credits and debits related to your property.
If you are looking for comprehensive property management services in Killeen, contact John Reider Properties. Our property managers help maintain your property and reduce vacancy periods for your rental property. For more information, you can call us at (254) 699 – 8300 or visit our office at 455 E. Central Texas Expwy, Suite 101, Harker Heights, TX 76548.