23. November 2015 07:52
Making your house rental ready is a must if you are expecting good tenants and a cordial association with them. While it increases your chances of signing a profitable deal, it is imperative that you invest time and money on making your home safe and welcoming for the tenant.
Here are some tips that will help you preparing your home before you rent it out:
- Keep it clean: Remove all furniture and household items that are cluttering the space. Thoroughly clean the house; even those areas which you think aren’t visible. When a prospective tenant is conducting an inspection in your property, he should get a good impression of the place he will move into and also know that this is the condition that he must keep the place in.
- Overall maintenance: Both before and after the deal has been struck, it is important to check all electrical as well as plumbing issues and fix them so you hand over your house in a functioning condition to your tenant. If there are any fixtures that the tenant doesn’t require, make sure you either remove them or instruct them to maintain them properly to avoid any damage at later stage.
- Repaint the walls: Check the condition of the interior and external walls to decide if they require a fresh paint. If there are any other repairs that the walls require, it must be done so you do not hold the tenant liable for damages later on. Keep the paint color sober so the house looks airy and spacious.
- Agree on rented items: If you are giving a furnished house, you must make a list of all appliances and furniture items beforehand and check that they all function properly in the presence of the tenant. Provide proper instructions on how to use fixtures that you may have installed for your own good.
- Clear all cabinets and storage spaces: Get rid of all your personal items from the storage places like store rooms, cabinets and drawers. In case something needs to be stored in the house, agree with the tenant on that. The tenant must also get reasonable place to store their items; hence try and keep these spaces free for them.
- Background research: Do a thorough credit and background check on your tenant to know how they live, their family size, living habits etc. This will help you prepare your house for them. For instance if they have children, they may need an extra room and additional safety features in the rental home.
If you are looking to rent your home in Killeen, TX, get in touch with John Reider Properties. For more information, you can call us at (254) 699 – 8300.
14. November 2015 12:50
Investing in rental property can be financially rewarding for the landlords. However, it requires a lot of time and effort to regularly maintain the property to keep it spick and span. Hiring a professional property management company can be a smart option to ease the responsibilities associated with renting while increasing monetary returns. A property manager can take care of a lot of aspects such as screening potential tenants, advertizing and marketing your property, dealing with tenants and handling repairs.
The advantages of hiring a professional management company are listed below:
- Manage all your rental units easily: If you have multiple rental units, hiring a property management company is the best thing you can do. The firm will take care of all your rental properties and manage them efficiently.
- Finding the right tenants: Property managers are adept at finding right tenants for your property. They will conduct detailed background checks and also collect references from previous landlords before finalizing a tenant.
- Setting rental rates and rent collection: They will conduct a thorough market research and decide on the correct rent for your property. You can also opt for a property management firm that has an effective payment system to save you the hassles of collecting rent from your tenants every month.
- Manage properties in different cities: If you have a rental property in a city other than where you currently reside, you can rely on the property management company for its maintenance. They will handle all the issues that might not be feasible for you to address personally.
- Save time: By hiring a property management firm to take care of your property, you can devote your time in other important tasks or full-time responsibilities.
- Abide by the laws: When managing your rental property, you need to comply with a multitude of local, state and federal housing regulations. A property manager will relieve you of all these tension. He will make sure that your property is up-to-date and also meets the terms and conditions by the law.
- Handle repairs in a timely manner: Property managers possess excellent communication skills. They treat the tenants in a respectful manner and also take care of any issues in a timely manner without any sort of hassle.
For comprehensive property management services in Killeen, contact John Reider Properties. For more information, you can call us at (254) 699 – 8300 or visit our office at 455 E. Central Texas Expwy, Suite 101, Harker Heights, TX 76548.