21. December 2015 09:36
Festive season can be a great time to list your property for rent. The competition is less and a number of tenants prefer to shift in to a new house during this time. There are some important things to keep in mind when you are staging your Killeen rental home to make it appealing to the potential tenants:
- Clear all clutter: The first step in staging is to clear away all the unnecessary items from the rooms. Once the space is neat and clean, every décor will look good in it. Decluttering will also make the rooms look spacious.
- Decorate in style: Over decorating may distract the potential tenants from the real essence of your home. Make use of the various decoration items available that complement the color of your furniture, walls and curtains.
- Make it cozy: A stream of snowflakes, a warm fire place, a colorful wreath and winter branches can really make your home look full of seasonal warmth. Keep these subtle but do throw in a cozy touch.
- Highlight the positives: If your home has a staircase or has a huge hall, highlight it by erecting a Christmas tree. Do not add too many decorative items in smaller rooms as it may make them look even smaller.
- Take care of colors: The festive season is all about whites, gold and red. However, take a look around your house and if any of these colors is interfering with the wall paint or the color of your sofa, do not insist on playing too much with festive colors.
- Enhance curb appeal: Make the home look attractive from outside by lighting up the porch and driveway. Place seasonal flowers at the entrance. Clean up the garden as it will be the first area to be seen by the potential tenants.
- Do not over indulge: If your home décor is too religious and personal, it may turn away tenants. Keep in mind that all the decoration is neutral and is done just to keep the festive spirit going.
- Right lighting is important: Cheer up your place by keeping the lights on when someone is visiting your house. Put lights on the Christmas tree but do not make them so loud that the other areas look dark and uninviting.
Make the best use of the holiday cheer and make your home look attractive by staging it efficiently. A holiday staged home is likely to get you a better deal in terms of rent and also attract like-minded tenants.
If you are looking to rent your home in Killeen, TX, contact John Reider Properties at (254) 699 – 8300 or visit 455 E. Central Texas Expwy, Suite 101, Harker Heights, TX 76548.
12. December 2015 13:28
Renting a home is a worthy process if you have done your homework right. It takes a little bit of preparation which will help in getting you the best property that suits your pocket and needs. If you are out looking for a home on rent in Killeen, TX, ensure that you make your search less tiring by keeping the following tips in mind:
- Determine a budget: Always set out looking for a home with preset upper limit of budget in mind. Killeen offers many options suited to all price ranges and thus, instead of getting confused by various options, it will help if you are aware of your financial position and look for properties accordingly.
- Assess your needs: Once you have set the budget, assess the size and features of the home that you would like to rent. Number of rooms, outdoor area, parking, garage are examples of things that you should figure out before hand in your ‘must need’ list. This will help in shortlisting properties faster.
- Inspect the home well: With several options available, it is in the best interest of the tenant to carefully inspect the property before making the final decision. Go through all the areas in the house and if anything that needs fixtures or repairs, point it out to the home owner.
- Check additional costs: Check with the landlord if there are any other monthly payouts, apart from the agreed monthly rent, that you will have to make while living in the property. Also, factor in the documentation and operational costs while signing the deal.
- Check the rental agreement: Ensure that every bit of discussion is listed in the contract. Include clauses which will safeguard your interests later like date of paying the rent every month or maintenance costs of the property etc.
- Hire an expert: Hiring an expert can ease out the process to a great extent. These professionals access to a wide range of properties and can smoothen out the operational hassles of paper work etc.
Every tenant is unique and so are the listed properties. It is advised to seek advice from expert real estate agents as they know the pulse of the market and work towards making your experience better.
If you are looking for a rental home in Killeen, TX, feel free to contact John Reider Properties at (254) 699 – 8300.