19. January 2016 11:52
Having a kid-friendly rental property in Killeen is a great attraction for prospective tenants. Your home must possess features that make it a safe place for kids. A secure environment needs to be set-up so as to protect children from any sort of potential hazards.
There are numerous ways in which you can adapt your property to cater to the safety needs of not just the adults but also the kids in your family. Also, you can add many exciting features that make your home a loving place for children. Below is a list of some of the ways to make your Killeen rental property a kid-friendly one.
- Create a green space: If your rental home has an open garden, you can consider adding a green space for the children to run and play. Add some swings and slides if the area is large along with a bench for the parents to relax and keep an eye on the children.
- Consider having a playroom: Kids love to play and can be noisy at times. Therefore, it is a great asset if your rental home has a separate playroom for them. This will be an additional benefit for families who are looking for kid-friendly rental properties.
- Laundry room: The laundry room should be spacious enough to fit a large washing machine. Kids often tend to soil their clothes while playing outdoors. So, a big washing machine is a necessity and can serve to be a useful feature in the home.
- Scrutinize cupboards and closets: Small kids are in a danger of getting trapped in closets and cupboards. You should make sure that your storage spaces are not risky for the kids and they can roam around freely without getting locked up inside them.
- Pool safety: All safety features must be installed if there is a pool in your rental home. A fence and self-locking gate are pre-requisites for a kid-friendly environment. This will stop the kids from going near the pool without adult supervision.
- Have proper locks: Make sure all the doors and windows have proper locks that are in a perfect working order. This is particularly important for upper storey windows. Also, shield the windows with firmly attached screens so that a child does not fall out.
- Replace worn out wires: It is imperative to replace any old wires or cords that can cause an electric shock or current. Try to have short cords for all the appliances in your rental home because kids can pull or trip over long wires.
We, at John Reider Properties, provide kid friendly rental homes in Killeen, TX. For more information, you can call us at (254) 699 – 8300.
6. January 2016 13:41
Landlords are always on the lookout for finding new ways of increasing the financial benefits from their rental properties. Whether you own a single-family, multi-family or a duplex rental unit in Killeen, there are a number of ways in which you can maximize your cash flow.
Before initiating any step, you need to have a re-look at your business model and give a thought to how exactly you operate your rentals. Below is a list of some of the ways in which you can increase profits from your rentals.
- Raise the rent: You need to conduct a market survey in your area and see the average rental income that is being paid for the same kind of property as yours. This will help you determine if you are failing to charge the appropriate rental income from your tenants. Increase your rent if you are charging lower than what you should demand. This will help you extract the maximum profit out of your rental home in Killeen. However, you need to make sure that your rental price is competitive.
- Undertake repair work regularly: As a landlord, you need to make sure that you respond swiftly to any maintenance or repair requests from your tenants. Not doing so will make you lose valuable tenants. Also, you will risk losing a significant amount of money if you continue to ignore and delay repair work. So, save your hard-earned money by opting for timely repairs.
- Make your rental unit more energy-efficient: You should work towards making your home more energy-efficient so that the utility bills of your tenants come down. This will benefit you indirectly by retaining a tenant for a longer period of time. Also, you will save money as you do not have to incur the expenses of losing a tenant, making your rental unit ready again and finding a new tenant.
- Use technology wisely: You can significantly reduce your property management costs by utilizing simple rental management software. The latest software and applications not only help you save money but also save your time. So, you have to spend less on collecting applications, screening tenants and collecting rent. With just a click of the mouse, you can make rent collection an automatic process.
- Go “green”: You can benefit from the “green” tax incentives and rebates that are being offered by the state. All you need to do is install solar panels on your residential property. You can sell the excess energy generated from these panels to the grid. This will become an additional source of income and you can avail exemptions in property tax.
If you are planning to rent your home in Killeen, TX, contact John Reider Properties. For more information, you can call us at (254) 699-8300.