23. June 2016 13:21
If you are planning to rent out your property in Killeen, TX, it is important to know about the current market trends. You also need to make sure that your rental home is beautifully staged to attract suitable tenants. Whether you have an apartment, single-family home or a condo, you need to follow a set of guidelines to have a profitable rental business.
- Make a list amenities that you plan to provide: Prepare a list of basic as well as add-on features that you will be providing to your tenants. These may include furniture, appliances, air conditioning system, room heaters etc. Additional facilities such as Wi-Fi connection, child-gates on stairs, security alarms, well-maintained lawn etc. can help you stand out from the herd.
- Stage your home: Inspect your house thoroughly to check if anything requires repair or replacement. It is important to deal with all repairs beforehand so that the tenants do not face any inconvenience during the rental tenure. Keeping the property in top-notch condition also helps you set a higher rental price. The appliances should be working in optimum condition and all the old fixtures should be replaced with new ones. If the property has a lawn or backyard, make sure it is clean and well-lit.
- Get your home insured: It is imperative to get home insurance as it will provide financial protection to your property as well as the contents in case of any unforeseen circumstances. The insurance rate may vary with the location, property type and amenities included in the property. It is recommended to consult your real estate agent to decide on coverage required for your rental home in Killeen.
- Perform comprehensive tenant screening: In order to find a good quality tenant, it is important to check his financial background, credit history and employment status. You must also make sure that the tenant does not have a criminal record. You can get references from employer as well as previous landlords to rest assured that you are renting your home to the right tenant.
- State all the terms and conditions in the agreement: Specify all the terms and conditions in the lease agreement. You should include details such as rent, tenancy duration, type of occupancy, deposits and provision for pets etc. Also, mention all the eviction policies unambiguously and be prepared for negotiation with the tenants on any of the conditions set by you.
For assistance in renting your home in Killeen, TX, feel free to contact John Reider Properties at (254) 699 – 8300.
18. June 2016 06:52
Hiring a rental company is one of the most crucial decisions that you need to make while renting out your home in Harker Heights, TX. Seeking professional help can prove to be of great help and save a lot of your time. Right from collecting rent to dealing with tenant issues and handling repair work, the rental company can perform all the tasks on your behalf.
Listed below are some benefits of hiring a rental company in Harker Heights:
- Save your money and time: If you do not live close to the location of the rental property, you may find it difficult to manage it. Carrying out maintenance work, inspecting the property and collecting rents. The agents at a rental company help you save time and money by avoiding frequent visits to the property. They will keep your property in an optimal condition whether it is occupied or vacant.
- Can get higher quality tenants: An experienced property management company can assist you in analyzing and screening tenants for the rental home. The agents will conduct a thorough screening of the credit history, previous rental records, criminal background and current income of the prospective tenant. They will help you get the most suitable tenant who will pay rent on time and keep your property well-maintained.
- Property managers are aware of laws: The property managers are well-versed with all the tenant-landlord laws and make sure that they go about the entire process as per the law. Also, they will handle an eviction in an efficient manner keeping in mind what is stated by the law.
- Serve as a link between tenants and landlords: Renting out your property is a professional agreement and any issues should be dealt by a property manager. He can serve as a link between the tenant and landlord, while working towards their best interests in mind.
- Can conduct home inspection: Before renting out your property, it is essential to do a thorough inspection of your home to identify and fix any loopholes. A property manager can conduct a thorough home inspection to point out any flaws and suggest the requisite repair work before actually letting in tenants. He will also suggest ways to stage your house that can attract a larger pool of prospective tenants.
John Reider Properties is a Harker Heights, TX based rental company offering comprehensive services to the clients. For more information, you can call us at (254) 699 – 8300 or visit 455 E. Central Texas Expwy, Suite 101, Harker Heights, TX 76548.