23. September 2016 11:46
Hiring a property management company in Harker Heights, TX can be a plus point for landlords in many ways. It can save a lot of your precious time by doing the marketing for your rental property, dealing with tenant issues, handling maintenance/repairs, inspecting the property, collecting rent etc. You can be relaxed that your property is in safe hands and will be managed without any hassles.
Listed below are some of the reasons why you should hire a property management company:
- You have more than a single property: If you own multiple rental properties in Harker Heights, it is best to hire professional services to manage them all. There are various tasks such as tenant screening, property maintenance, repair work etc. that need to be taken care of on a regular basis. Managing multiple properties on your own can lead to confusion and difficulties. An experienced property manager can help you out in this regard.
- You live far away from your rental property: If you reside away from Harker Heights, it may be difficult to manage the property on your own. For instance, your tenant may contact you regarding a maintenance issue, but you may not be able to drive far away to your rental property every time a problem arises. This is where a property management company can prove to be useful. The team will take all the responsibilities associated with your property and handle every aspect without bothering you.
- You have limited time: In many instances, landlords are not able to devote requisite time to manage their rental home in Harker Heights. This is particularly true for landlords who have a different full-time job as well. A property management firm will search new properties for investment as well as recommend repair and renovation work in existing properties.
- You don’t want to take the responsibility of any employee: In case you are managing your rental property on your own, there are chances that you may need to hire a resident manager. However, when you become an employer, you will have to manage a lot of issues that can become burdensome in the longer run. Therefore, it is better that you hire a property management company so that you do not have to deal with any unnecessary stress.
If you need the best property management services in Harker Heights, TX, feel free to contact John Reider Properties at (254) 699 – 8300.
13. September 2016 07:18
A vacant rental home in Harker Heights, TX can be a huge burden for landlords. It not only decreases the returns on investment, but also creates stress, particularly if it is the peak rental season. Thus, before putting the ‘to let’ sign on your home, prepare it well to attract maximum potential tenants. You should leave no stone unturned to make your property beautiful, cozy and welcoming.
Below is a guide that may help you in setting up your Harker Heights home for rent:
- Safety should be priority: Every tenant wants to feel safe in a rental property. Thus, you need to ensure that you install fire alarms, burglar alarms, smoke detectors and other security systems in your home. Add fire extinguishers in the kitchen as well as in the hallways on each floor.
- Conduct home inspection: As soon as the home becomes vacant, conduct a thorough home inspection to note down the repairs required. There could be some defective electrical points or a leaky roof that need your attention. Check every nook and corner of your home including faucets, pipes, gutters, electrical appliances etc.
- Clean all the spaces thoroughly: A clean house attracts maximum potential tenants. It is thus imperative to clean all the rooms, windows, doors, blinds, carpets etc. Get your carpet dry cleaned from professionals and apply a fresh coat of paint on the interior/exterior walls of your home to lend it a gleaming touch.
- De-clutter: The furnishings and appliances provided in the rental home should be in top notch condition. It is also essential that you do not keep any unnecessary items in the property. Check if there are any unused or unwanted furnishings or appliances that can be discarded away. De-cluttering will make your home look more spacious.
- Screen potential tenants: In order to eliminate any kind of risk in the future, you need to conduct a careful screening of potential tenants. Each probable tenant must be asked to fill out a rental application form providing information such as his name, occupation, employer details, eviction details, financial background etc. You should also ask for references along with the Social Security Number (SSN) in order to verify the information provided in the form.
- Get the services of a property management company: A property management company can handle everything related to the rental property. The property managers specialize in providing tenant screening, conducting repairs, dealing with maintenance issues, addressing to tenant problems etc.
We, at John Reider Properties, provide comprehensive property management services in Harker Heights. For more information, call us at (254) 699 – 8300.