15. March 2017 13:54
Every landlord wants to attract and retain a tenant who is reliable and pays his rent on time every month. However, attracting more tenants to your rental home requires prior preparation and continuous hard work. You should be able to represent your property in the best possible manner. This will help to attract maximum tenants to your property and you can choose the perfect one.
Listed below are certain tips that can help you attract more tenants to your rental home:
- Work on the listings: Online listings are a great way to attract high-quality tenants. However, you need to work on providing a detailed and attractive listing of your property. Write a striking introductory phrase about your property and do not forget to attach impressive photographs of your rental home. Nowadays, you can even put up a video tour of your property to give the potential tenants a first-hand look at your rental home without actually visiting it.
- Plan individual property showings: Although scheduling an open house might seem to be a good way to market your property, it is best to opt for individual showings. This will help you in getting the most interested potential tenants. Individual meetings will also help you to know the prospective tenants better. You can ask the relevant questions and also notice any inconsistencies in individual showings.
- Complete all the paperwork beforehand: You should be prepared well in advance to show the requisite paperwork to your tenants at the time of property viewing. Get copies of the tenant application form, background, credit check reports and the lease forms. You should be able to answer all the queries of your potential tenants and address their doubts as well as concerns regarding the paperwork there and then itself.
- Be aware of your neighborhood: Quality tenants are always on the lookout for landlords who are well-informed. You should have complete details about the neighborhood so that you know what all amenities are available in your area. For instance, your potential tenants may have children or pets and would want to know if there are parks and schools nearby. Therefore, stay up-to-date with the local amenities to be able to talk intelligently with your probable renters.
- Be clear about the tenant criteria: Tenants will expect you to be clear about what you want in your renter. So, be prepared to answer questions on pet policies, financial status and smoking rules etc. Think about all the tenant criteria beforehand along with the restrictions and have them in writing. This will also help you protect from the allegations of discriminating certain tenants.
We, at John Reider Properties can help you find the best tenant for your Killeen, TX based property. Our real estate agents will perform thorough tenant screening to help you get a reliable and responsible tenant. For more information, you can call us at (254) 699 – 8300.