23. April 2016 10:55
Townhouses are multilevel houses that are built on the lines of apartment complexes. The houses are attached to each other, generally having at least one common wall with a similarly designed home. Killeen, TX offers a host of townhouses for rent in various locations across the city.
Following are some benefits of renting a townhouse:
- Multi levels: Townhouses are usually built with two levels in a single home. This helps in separating the home into two different units. With this, you can use the upper level as a play area for kids, without disturbing the entire household. You can also have a balcony, porch and an outdoor space in your townhome. This will not only increase the floor area but also give you a place to relax.
- May be used as office space: Since there are two demarcated areas in a townhouse, one can use a portion even as a home office. Privacy is assured in townhouses for those who wish to have a segregated area for their work or official meetings.
- Common areas: When you rent a townhouse, you can have access to various common areas including a park, gym, tennis court, club house and swimming pool. The responsibility of the maintenance of these common areas rests with the homeowners’ association. However, you may need to pay a monthly or annual charge for this purpose.
- Increased security: The close proximity between the townhouses provide a sense of security to the tenants. Since the walls are shared and all houses are built in a row, there are more chances of interacting with the neighbors. The parking spaces and other amenities are all shared giving ample opportunities for dwellers to interact and engage with each other. It also keeps your house safer as it is easy for others in the area to keep a watch on your home while you are away.
- Parking: Most townhouses in Killeen have a separate parking area close to the home. Therefore, you do not have to walk a long distance from the parking to your front door. When you have your own garage or parking space adjacent to the home, you can even use it to store toys, gardening equipment and other important items.
The real estate agents at John Reider Properties can help you find a suitable townhouse for rent in Killeen, TX. For details, you can call at (254) 699 – 8300.
15. April 2016 10:45
With more and more people accessing the internet to seek nearby services in Killeen, TX, landlords must consider advertizing their rental home online to find tenants quickly. Listing a property on reputed real estate website can help them attract a decent number of prospective tenants. Moreover, online marketing is affordable than the other advertizing methods. However, they must make sure that the listing provides sufficient information about the rental home.
Listed below are some benefits of marketing a rental home online:
- Reaches wider audience: An online ad reaches audiences far and wide, ensuring that you can make your property listing seen by a wider range of people. This can significantly increase the chances of finding tenants quickly.
- Includes images: There is no restriction on the number of words or pictures you may upload along with your ad. This helps you to list down more features and details of the property. You can provide high quality images of your home to catch the attention of the potential tenants. Also, including important details such as rent, property size, location, amenities offered etc. can help you
- Multiple sites and options: Online ads give you an option to advertize on multiple portals at the same time. This further enhances your reach. You may also apply multiple techniques to showcase your property. Animations, music, photos, videos, live chats are just some of the many options available at the hands of homeowners.
- 24/7 advertizing: Online advertizements can be easily accessed at any time and this gives immense flexibility in reaching out to more and more people. Property portals also offer round the clock assistance to clients. This is a better option than putting a yard sign which can only be accessed by potential tenants near your home.
- Reduces bottlenecks: Internet gives you the opportunity to interact/chat with potential tenants from the convenience of your home or workplace. You can schedule visit to the property and respond to the tenants’ queries any time you want. You also do not need to get into endless paperwork while posting or modifying your ad.
Contact John Reider Properties to find quality tenants for your rental home in Killeen, TX. We will use effective strategies to advertize your property and ensure a faster occupancy. Call at (254) 699 – 8300 for more details.
21. January 2015 08:03
From the decision of making an investment in real estate to actually buying a rental property, there are a lot of factors to be considered. The task may be specifically intimidating for the first time investors. There are a number of risks involved and a single mistake can obliterate your returns in the future. Thus, it is necessary that you have an open minded approach and the guidance of a professional real estate agent to take you in the right direction.
Given here are a few features that can help you purchase a profitable rental property in Harker Heights, TX:
- Neighborhoods: The location and neighborhoods that you choose for your rental property is a strong determinant of the frequency of vacancy cycles you will face. For example, if your rental home is in a locality with schools and colleges or business areas close to it, there are higher chances that you attract more potential tenants and face vacancy only during the vacations.
- Amenities: Take notice of all the parks, playgrounds, shopping malls, gyms and public transport hubs nearby your rental property. Depending upon your type of investment, these amenities can make a huge difference in your rental income.
- Employment Opportunities: People generally look for rental properties in an area offering increasing job prospects. If your area is likely to have some big companies in the near future, it will surely attract a lot of potential tenants.
- Crime Rate: before purchasing a rental property, remember to verify its crime statistics from a nearby police station or a public library. Tenants prefer communities that are safe and secure to live in with families. Also, inquire about the security arrangements in the area and the particular locality you are considering.
- Property Taxes: You should be well-informed about the rent amount you will be losing in property tax every year. Higher taxes are not always bad, subject to the community, quality of life, prevailing rent prices and income taxes. As a real estate investor, you should know how all the expenses can affect your profitability from the rental income.
Searching for a profitable rental property that fulfills all the above mentioned conditions might not be easy. However, once you succeed, it will greatly increase your potential for long term gains.
For more tips on how to find a rental property in Harker Heights, TX, contact John Reider Properties at (254) 699 – 8300 or visit their office at 455 E. Central Texas Expwy, Suite 101, Harker Heights, TX 76548.
14. July 2014 12:22
If you own a property, be it residential or commercial, managing it for sale or finding a tenant for rent can be very time consuming and exhausting. With busy work schedules and daily chores people hardly find enough time to manage their own property, effectively. Leasing out the property has its own problems as people do not find time or resources to attend to any property related issue. Plus there is a headache of running after tenants for monthly rents, issues with the house, finding new tenants and regular property management.
Owing to the latest trend, more and more people are seemingly interested in hiring a property management firm to oversee their property for them. Hiring a property management company to maintain your property is a very profitable situation as you save time, feel more at ease and are ensured that your property is in safe hands. If you live in Harker Heights TX and have a property to be leased out, you can consider hiring John Reider Properties. A property management firm can offer great benefits for residential as well as commercial properties and here are some details.
For Residential Properties
A property management company properly advertises and leases out your property and minimizes the vacancy time. They perform complete screening of the tenants, verify their income and perform background checks before selecting them as your tenants. They ensure timely and full collection of the rent and provide updates to you regarding the condition of your property. Properties are regularly inspected and property managers coordinate the maintenance and repair work, and provide twenty for hour emergency services. This helps in gaining tenants trust and confidence which most likely leads to renewal of leases, hence better tenant retention. Your property stays in good shape even if you stay overseas and you save yourself from any legal lawsuits as property managers have all knowledge of landlord-tenant laws.
For Commercial Properties
Commercial property owners should hire property management companies to build their reputation in the marketplace and increase the property performance. Property Management company undertakes all the responsibilities like landscaping, maintenance, electrical, plumbing, roof, maintenance of walls and appliances. A property manager understands the commercial needs of the owner and suitably performs repair and renovation works according to market needs. They maintain accounting and tax records to keep financial statements in place. They also monitor the tenant activities and respond to any queries that they may have. While keeping good relations with repair companies and contractors they take a holistic approach towards real estate management and work towards it by establishing friendly relations between owners and tenants.
Property managers maintain residential and commercial properties and provide services which are beneficial to both, the tenants and clients. Hiring property managers is a right move for you in order to ensure that your property is well maintained.
12. May 2014 07:28
Renting a new house can be a challenging proposition and with so many options available when it comes to rental homes and property management firms, making the right choice requires a lot of homework, and attention. Below are some tips which will make your task much easier and simpler. Read on to know how prospective tenants can effectively go about looking for homes for rent in Harker Heights TX.
- Security is the single most important consideration while searching for a rental home. You will want nothing but the best when it comes to security of your family and your loved ones. Therefore, it is important to ensure that effective and strict security measures are in place so that you can have peace of mind at work; knowing that your loved ones are safe back home.
- It is also important that you have a thorough background verification of the landlord to check if he doesn’t have a criminal background and is a law abiding citizen. Landlords always go for tenant verification and screening and the reverse is equally important from a tenant’s point of view.
- The condition of the house is the next thing which needs to be looked at carefully. Doors and windows should be clean and in a condition where they can be opened and closed easily. It is also important to have enough room for proper ventilation and sunlight in all areas of the house.
- There should not be any leakages from the walls, ceiling or taps in the washroom. If such problems do exist they should be mentioned to the landlord and appropriate services should be sought from a plumber. All electrical connections and wirings should be properly in place so that there is no risk of getting an electrical shock.
- Lawns and gardens and the front door are other important aspects that you should have a look at as a prospective tenant.
- In case you are satisfied with the condition of the house, the next step is to know the rent to be paid. The terms and conditions as well as mode of payment should be clearly identified beforehand so that there is no ambiguity or confusion later on.
John Reider Properties can now help you with making the best decision when it comes to a rental house in Harker Heights. We provide you with all the details and services related to property management. Get in touch with us today if you are looking for a rental home in Harker Heights.