12. December 2014 13:02
A property manager or estate manager assists the property owner in managing his residential or commercial property. He ensures that the property stays in a good condition, has regular tenancy and is advertized properly. A property manager also takes care of all the paper work and complaints by tenants.
The typical duties of a property manager include:
- Finding the tenant: This is one of the most important duties of a property manager. He finds the appropriate tenant for the property after performing a background check and income verification.
- Collecting rent: Responsibilities of a property manager also include collection of rent. He collects and delivers the rent to the owner regularly which ensures that the owner does not have to go through the hassles of rent collection.
- Evaluating property: Property manager must be aware of the market trends so that he can determine the correct value of the property and provide appropriate amount of rent from the lodger. He should suggest the owner with measures that could help increase the property value.
- Handling repairs: Supervision of the property repairs also fall under the list of services that a property manager provides his clients. In case the tenant damages the property or wants certain repairs, the property manager ensures that the repairs are completed on time and services are provided at affordable prices.
- Handling paper work: The tenant handles all the paper work that is involved in leasing of the property. The owner does not have to worry about the legal formalities or technicalities of drawing up the contract.
- Managing vacant properties: The property manager oversees the properties condition even if it is vacant. He ensures that adequate measures are taken to prevent any kind of property damage and conducts regular visits.
- Advertizing property: The property manager is responsible for proper marketing of the house including staging of the property. The owner‘s property is properly advertized so that he gets viable tenant options. Property managers provide their services for residential as well as commercial properties.
- Link between tenant and owner: It is the property manager who interacts with the tenant and is responsible for handling any kind of issues with him. If the tenants have any complaints and would like to make some changes, then the property manager acts as the intermediator between the landlord and the tenant.
We, at John Reider Properties provide comprehensive property management services to our clients in Harker Heights, TX. For more details, you can call us at (254) 699-8300 or visit at 455 E. Central Texas Expwy Suite 101 Harker Heights, TX 76548.
11. November 2014 06:43
Whether you own a residential or commercial property, managing it in a property way is extremely important to ensure proper returns on your investment. As a leading property management company in Killeen, TX, John Reider Properties helps you to keep your property in good shape always. We strive to add value to your biggest asset and investment.
Some of the property management services offered by us include:
- Choosing right tenants - To avoid evictions, you must find a tenant who has a good track record. We will help you in screening the tenants proper and find the most reliable ones for your property. A good tenant will not only pay rent on time, but also avoid damaging the property in any way.
- Dealing with legal issues - We, on your behalf, will handle all the legal issues involving tenants. Our property managers have complete knowledge about the latest landlord-tenant laws. They will make sure that you are not vulnerable to any lawsuits. Besides helping you with tenant screening, we also assist you to handle evictions, conflicts, security deposits, lease termination etc.
- Reducing vacancy period - We know that vacancy periods can be quite stressful. Thus, we perform a thorough background check to make sure that you rent out your property to long-term and reliable tenants. We determine the best rent rates according to the current real estate market trends. We will also market your property effectively through online MLS listings available at our website.
- Retaining tenants - We are not only responsible for getting good tenants for you, but also ensure that you have better tenant retention. We will regularly visit the property to check if the tenants are facing any issues. In case there is any problem, our property managers will resolve it in the least possible time. We ensure that all the necessary repairs are timely done so that the tenants do not find any reasons to complain or vacate the property.
- Collecting rent on time - Being a reputed property management company in Texas, we ensure that we collect the rents on time. We also provide you with a monthly statement of all the rents collected in the previous month.
- Maintaining the property - Either your property is occupied or lying vacant, we will take care of its landscaping, maintenance, electrical, plumbing etc. to make sure that everything is in its best condition. This will help you increase the value of your property.
We, at John Reider Properties, specialize in both commercial and residential property management. For more details, call us at (254) 699 - 8300.
20. October 2014 11:49
As the days are getting shorter and the mercury is dropping people must prepare their homes for winter. It becomes essential for the landlords and the property managers to manage and upgrade their properties for winter.
During harsh weather, houses are vulnerable to the weather conditions and they should be prepared to face it. Taking timely steps can help you avoid some major issues with your house. Here are some tips on prepping your house for winter.
- Insulate the exposed pipes: One of the biggest problems that you can face in winters is frozen pipes which can cause damage to your property. The pipes burst when frozen cause flooding and water damage. You can minimize this risk by properly insulating the outside pipe with special materials that are easily available in the market. Replace the pipes if there are any cracks or fissures in the pipes.
- Clear the gutters: To avoid the chances of frozen pipes and overflows you should clear the gutters timely. Water in the gutter freezes due to debris like leaves and garbage and causes problems.
- Make sure outside lighting is functional: For the safety of your property and the residents of your house you should make sure that all the outside lights work properly. Often it becomes difficult to spot stairs and any other blockage when it grows dark and slippery. So, lighting is quite essential to avoid any accidents.
- Service the boiler: To ensure that it is warm and cozy inside during cold weather you should ensure that the boiler is functional and not damaged in any way. It is your legal responsibility to get a latest CORGI certificate. You must call in the professionals to service and repair your boiler before the onset of winters. By making sure that your boiler is working well, you can also avoid freezing of pipes.
- Maintain property during void period: If you are currently facing a void period, it becomes more important for you to pay attention to the maintenance of your home. You should visit the property regularly or ask your property manager to timely inspect the house. You should open the doors and windows for proper ventilation in the house as this will allow a lot of sunlight in the house. Also, make sure you turn on the heating system regularly so that the pipes do not freeze.
- Check the electrical fittings: Regularly check the fuse box so that no fuses are tripped. Make sure you use adapter plugs for the safety of your house.
- Use weather strip tape: To ensure that the heat does not escape you can use weather strip tape on your windows and doors. This in turn will help you save on your energy bills.
These tips will help you make your property safe and damage free in winter season. If you find it difficult to do the inspections and repairs on your own you should hire professional property management firm.
13. December 2010 16:19
Managing a property can be a full time job and difficult to handle alone especially if you are a novice in this field. If you are looking to buy or sell a property, you may go by the book and pay a visit to the site in order to make up your mind whether to purchase the said property or not. However, as an amateur, you may not be able to see some of the hidden faults of the property and only an experienced property management firm can reveal these to you so that you can avoid making a huge mistake. It is vital not to make a hurried decision and even if you are a little unsure, you should employ a property management firm to conduct business for you.
If you are looking to rent out your property, property management firms can help you in avoiding a lot of ugliness that may be a part and parcel of dealing with uncooperative tenants. They can help collect timely payments from them and assure you a stress free life. Apart from this, there may also be certain clauses in your rent agreement that you expect your tenant to follow. However, it may be very difficult for you to visit your property from time to time especially if you live in another state altogether. This is where a property management firm can help in a big way. They can conduct surprise checks and send their professionals to inspect the property from time to time in order to see whether the contract is being upheld properly or not. You will be able to get regular reports without even having to visit the premises.
Another great thing about hiring property management firms is that you need not get yourself acquainted with the legal framework governing properties and can completely rely on them to do the needful. In many states like Texas, there are detailed laws that have to be followed while dealing in property along with the maintenance of proper records. A property management firm can help out in this regard and complete all the documents required for buying, selling and renting properties. They also help in securing amazing deals for you as they have high negotiation skills from years of practice.
We at John Reider Properties provide complete services for property buying/ selling and rentals. For great deals, just call us at: 254-699-8300
Rentals Harker Heights - Killeen Rentals
27. September 2010 16:08
When you plan to lease out your commercial property or you wish to get a commercial property on rent, there can be various issues that you may have to face. For property owners, it can be a headache to find the right people to rent out their premises. At the same time, they would like to have a specialist do all the paper work for them. Commercial property seekers want to get the best deals for the best available spaces. This is where services from a Commercial Property Management Company come into play.
There are various services provided by John Reider Properties, pioneers in Property Management Services in Killeen and Harker Heights, Texas. We at John Reider Properties assist our clients in:
- Marketing their commercial property to prospective tenants.
- Short listing tenants for commercial property through pre-defined and already proven system.
- Negotiating lease amount and various terms/conditions with tenants.
- Lease documentation and associated paper work preparation on behalf of our client.
- Regular inspection and maintenance of commercial property.
- Financial services including timely rent collection and owner representations at various agencies.
Why do you need a property management company to manage your commercial property?
Well, there are many reasons for the same. A reputed property management company has huge database of people looking for commercial spaces. Based on your criteria, the firm can shortlist various tenants for your property. The property management firm also takes off your tension of doing all the paper work. The firm makes sure all paper work done is in order and in case of any issue, the firm also represents the property owner. Property Management Company also makes sure that rent is collected on time and the property is kept in accordance to lease agreement.
It is important to rope in a reputed Property Management Company that provide specialized services. We at John Reider Properties specialize in commercial lease and property management and there are wide array of services that we undertake. You can stay tension free regarding your property with John Reider Properties Our dedicated and professionally qualified team has wide experience in providing unmatched property management services.
We are located in Harker Heights, Texas and serve areas in and around Harker Heights and Killeen, Central Texas. We not only provide commercial property management services but are also engaged in buying and selling properties. To know more about our commercial property management services, feel free to call us at 254-699-8300 or visit our office at 455E, Central Texas Expressway, Suite No 101, Harker Heights, Texas - 76548
Rentals Harker Heights - Killeen Rentals