23. September 2016 11:46
Hiring a property management company in Harker Heights, TX can be a plus point for landlords in many ways. It can save a lot of your precious time by doing the marketing for your rental property, dealing with tenant issues, handling maintenance/repairs, inspecting the property, collecting rent etc. You can be relaxed that your property is in safe hands and will be managed without any hassles.
Listed below are some of the reasons why you should hire a property management company:
- You have more than a single property: If you own multiple rental properties in Harker Heights, it is best to hire professional services to manage them all. There are various tasks such as tenant screening, property maintenance, repair work etc. that need to be taken care of on a regular basis. Managing multiple properties on your own can lead to confusion and difficulties. An experienced property manager can help you out in this regard.
- You live far away from your rental property: If you reside away from Harker Heights, it may be difficult to manage the property on your own. For instance, your tenant may contact you regarding a maintenance issue, but you may not be able to drive far away to your rental property every time a problem arises. This is where a property management company can prove to be useful. The team will take all the responsibilities associated with your property and handle every aspect without bothering you.
- You have limited time: In many instances, landlords are not able to devote requisite time to manage their rental home in Harker Heights. This is particularly true for landlords who have a different full-time job as well. A property management firm will search new properties for investment as well as recommend repair and renovation work in existing properties.
- You don’t want to take the responsibility of any employee: In case you are managing your rental property on your own, there are chances that you may need to hire a resident manager. However, when you become an employer, you will have to manage a lot of issues that can become burdensome in the longer run. Therefore, it is better that you hire a property management company so that you do not have to deal with any unnecessary stress.
If you need the best property management services in Harker Heights, TX, feel free to contact John Reider Properties at (254) 699 – 8300.
12. February 2016 13:50
Your home’s exterior can leave a long lasting impression on a potential tenant and is an important factor that can either make or break the deal. Therefore, it is important to improve the curb appeal of your home before listing it for rent.
Following are some affordable ways to boost the curb appeal:
- Clean it up: The simplest way to enhance the curb appeal is to clean up the area thoroughly. Use a high pressure washer to remove all the dirt and stains from the staircase, driveway, porch etc. Check if the sewage pipes and the gutters are functioning properly. Clogged water pipes or stagnant waste can drive back potential tenants.
- Install lights: Proper lighting will enhance the beauty as well as safety of your rental home. If it is the festive time, make sure you have some holiday lights up. Elegant lighting will add to the look of your home and also please your potential tenants.
- Add accessories: You may consider putting up some weather resistant and elegant pieces of accessories like a mailbox, door mat, nameplate etc. which can add to the beauty of your house. Placing ornamental plants is also a good way to refresh the look of the place.
- Landscaping: Make sure you trim the lawn grass and remove all dead plants as well as shrubs. Add flower beds along the pathway to make the walkway look attractive. Invest in some landscaping so that the tenants view lush green lawn before they enter the home.
- Paint the area: If the exterior walls have faded or look worn out, consider giving them a fresh coat of paint. Also inspect the garage, entrance door and porch if they need to be repainted.
- Add furniture: Placing two cane chairs along with a coffee table will help the tenants have a perfect view of the outdoor living space. You can also consider adding dim lights to increase the usability of the area during nighttime.
These minor home improvements can go a long way in making your rental property look aesthetically appealing. Your chances of getting a higher rent may also increase when you present a perfect home.
We, at John Reider Properties, can help to rent out your home in Harker Heights, TX. For more information about our property management services, you can call at (254) 699 – 8300.
14. November 2015 12:50
Investing in rental property can be financially rewarding for the landlords. However, it requires a lot of time and effort to regularly maintain the property to keep it spick and span. Hiring a professional property management company can be a smart option to ease the responsibilities associated with renting while increasing monetary returns. A property manager can take care of a lot of aspects such as screening potential tenants, advertizing and marketing your property, dealing with tenants and handling repairs.
The advantages of hiring a professional management company are listed below:
- Manage all your rental units easily: If you have multiple rental units, hiring a property management company is the best thing you can do. The firm will take care of all your rental properties and manage them efficiently.
- Finding the right tenants: Property managers are adept at finding right tenants for your property. They will conduct detailed background checks and also collect references from previous landlords before finalizing a tenant.
- Setting rental rates and rent collection: They will conduct a thorough market research and decide on the correct rent for your property. You can also opt for a property management firm that has an effective payment system to save you the hassles of collecting rent from your tenants every month.
- Manage properties in different cities: If you have a rental property in a city other than where you currently reside, you can rely on the property management company for its maintenance. They will handle all the issues that might not be feasible for you to address personally.
- Save time: By hiring a property management firm to take care of your property, you can devote your time in other important tasks or full-time responsibilities.
- Abide by the laws: When managing your rental property, you need to comply with a multitude of local, state and federal housing regulations. A property manager will relieve you of all these tension. He will make sure that your property is up-to-date and also meets the terms and conditions by the law.
- Handle repairs in a timely manner: Property managers possess excellent communication skills. They treat the tenants in a respectful manner and also take care of any issues in a timely manner without any sort of hassle.
For comprehensive property management services in Killeen, contact John Reider Properties. For more information, you can call us at (254) 699 – 8300 or visit our office at 455 E. Central Texas Expwy, Suite 101, Harker Heights, TX 76548.
14. July 2015 12:14
Real estate investment comes with a huge set of responsibilities, both for residential and commercial properties. While it can be a great source of additional income, handling tenant complaints and managing the financial aspects can be quite overwhelming. Hiring property management services can be a big step towards making your rental business a success. A professional and experienced property manager can ensure that you get the best possible returns on your investment.
Here are some of the reasons that you should consider hiring property management services:
- Managing Workflow: Most property owners are not familiar with the efforts that go into owning and managing a rental business. Right from conducting frequent inspections to carrying out timely maintenance work, all these things demand a lot of time. Landlords who live in another city or have other important responsibilities may find it difficult to spare time for these jobs. A property management company provides an ideal solution to this problem by assisting you through every aspect of the renting process.
- Advertizing Proficiency: Finding reliable tenants for your rental home can be quite debilitating. A property management company has years of experience in leasing properties. Thus, they are aware of the most viable modes of advertizing in order to attract quality and long term tenants for your property.
- Knowledge of Local Real Estate: Overvaluing your rental home can be the biggest factor in driving away most potential tenants. Property managers have a good knowledge of the local real estate market and can help you get the best possible rent for your property.
- Financial Assistance: This is probably the most difficult aspect of renting a home. Majority of landlords feel exhausted to collect timely rents, maintain records and handle tax rebates. A property management company has precise systems to ensure timely collection of rent, transferring it into your bank account and providing detailed monthly reports of all financial transactions.
- Extensive Network Of Vendors: It is important that you hire credible and professionally skilled workers for the proper upkeep of your rental investment. A property management company has an extensive network of qualified vendors and contractors to get the repair work done at the most reasonable rates.
We, at John Reider Properties, provide complete property management services in Harker Heights, TX. We can help to keep your rental home in the best condition and reduce vacancy cycles for a consistent income. For more information, you can call us at (254) 699 – 8300 or visit our office at 455 E. Central Texas Expwy, Suite 101, Harker Heights, TX 76548.
23. June 2014 12:46
For any kind of business, buying a piece of first class commercial property is a very important step. Business work out of company offices and to set up your own, you need a prime portion of commercial real estate that would serve your purpose and create the right kind of environment for you to make your business profitable and successful. Buying commercial property is a process that involves a number of different factors and nuances, all of which should be studied, researched and taken into account while making a decision of any kind. To ensure that you get on board with your business plans with the best available commercial property deal, there are a number of important roles that you have to follow. You can hire the services of John Reider Properties to get all information and assistance on buying commercial property.
Also following these tips can hold you in good stead –
- The first step towards getting a great deal on commercial property is to think and behave like a professional. You need to understand that the process of evaluation of commercial property is very different from that apply to residential real estate. Commercial property is meant for use of the kind which brings in revenue and the larger the square footage, the more the revenue. You also need to have a powerful grasp on the way commercial property leases work. With a thorough understanding of these matters, you are more likely to get a better deal.
- Before you venture out to buy the commercial property of your choice, you need a master plan. Your plan of action needs to be thorough and comprehensive and should cover all the facets of the deal. Consider how much you will be capable of paying, the amount of space that you need and the kind of revenue you are looking to get with your piece of commercial property.
- The commercial real estate market is a place where, every once in a while, a really good offer shows up. You need to have the keen sense of assessment and a sharp eye for detail if you want to be able to single out those good offers and make the most of them.
- The commercial real estate market is pretty much driven by the customers. When you are buying commercial property, look for those sellers who are particularly motivated and want to sell their property as soon as possible, even if they sell below the current market price. These are the people with whom you can negotiate easily.
16. April 2014 07:26
With so many homes available for rent in Harker Heights TX, there is always a lot of thought involved before you zero in on a particular choice. Renting a house involves considerable investment of your hard-earned money every month. Hence, it is important to know which property is worthy of being rented. Read on to know some tips that will come in handy for the same:
- Security is the prime concern when you move into a new house. Hence, you should have a good idea about the security arrangements at the apartment as well as the complex building. One aspect is that proper fencing should be in place. In addition, the house should be situated in a busy locality with easy access to emergency services such as the police and fire departments.
- An idea of the neighborhood is also important. When you move into a new house in a complex, it is not that you will be living in isolation. Constant interaction with neighbors becomes an inherent part of staying at a new place. So it always helps to have an idea about the kind of people that live in the locality.
- Next thing to look out for is the condition of the property. Doors and windows should lock properly and should not make any squeaky sounds when they are moved. The rooms should be ventilated and have room for natural sunlight and fresh air to enter the house. Freshly painted walls are always an added advantage as they give a neat look to the house.
- Plumbing leakages or any electrical wiring should be checked for fault. In case there is some problem, you can always tell your landlord to get them repaired beforehand.
- When renting a house, the mode and time of payment of the monthly rent is a very important factor. Discuss the terms and conditions thoroughly with the landlord so that there is no hassle for both the parties later on.
If you are looking for a rental home in Harker Heights, we, at John Reider Properties can help you in the search. We provide a wide range of listings of residential properties to choose from. For more information, you can visit us at 455 E. Central Texas Expwy, Suite 101, Harker Heights, TX 76548 or call at (254) 699 – 8300.