11. April 2015 10:15
A lot of work goes into finding an appropriate commercial property on lease for your business. It is a very nerve-wracking and daunting task where many things need to be considered. It is absolutely critical that you do not rush into signing a commercial lease without weighing up its long-term consequences.
Given here are some important things that you must consider before signing a commercial lease:
- Get A Written Contract: Even though this may seem to be obvious, many people ignore this important fact especially if they know the landlord or agent. Getting everything on paper is extremely necessary in order to protect your legal rights in the long run.
- Read The Fine Print: Lease agreements can be quite lengthy and contain some complicated details, legal terms and clauses. Due to this, many people just skip off reading it thoroughly which can lead to problems in future. It is essential that you thoroughly read and understand every single thing that has been stated in the contract. You can also consult a real estate agent for the same and ensure that all your queries are answered. He can help you get familiar with the terms and also suggest any changes for your benefit.
- Check The Lease Term: This involves checking the time period for which you will be bound to the lease. You probably do not want yourself to be stuck to the place for a long time even if it isn’t working for you or the business needs expansion. You can negotiate the term with your landlord beforehand. You can go for a 1 or 2-year lease with an option to renew at the end of the term.
- Know What The Rent Covers: Assuming that you would have to pay just the base rent is a big mistake. There are a number of additional charges such as utilities, garbage clean up, maintenance etc. that would come up as you maintain the property. You should ask your landlord if all these are included in the rent. Also, clarify as to who will be responsible for the costs of the entire repair work in the property.
We, at John Reider Properties, can help you find the perfect commercial space for lease in Killeen. For more information, you can call us at (254) 699 – 8300.
17. March 2015 11:46
Purchasing a commercial property is one of the biggest investments and should be done after careful consideration. It may be one of your most valuable assets and thus it is important that you keep it properly maintained. However, most property owners do not have the time and resources to perform this task efficiently and hiring the services of a reliable property management company can be extremely helpful in this regard. They are experienced in dealing with the legal aspect of renting out a commercial property and have the resources to manage it.
Given here are some of the benefits of hiring property management services for commercial properties in Killeen:
- Value For Money: This is one of the most obvious advantages of hiring a professional property management company. If you keep your commercial space well maintained, you will not only be able to attract quality tenants, but also receive a decent return on your investment. Both these things can pave the way of maintaining the market value of your commercial property.
- Satisfied Tenants: A qualified and experienced property manager will take care of all the repair and maintenance work in your commercial space. He will frequently inspect the property to check if the tenants are facing any problem and make sure that all the repair and maintenance is done on time. With professional services, you can rest assured that your tenants are satisfied and likely to stay for a long period of time.
- Happier Owners: Property management services can also bring peace of mind for the landlords, particularly those who own multiple rental properties. A property manager will take care of all the issues and problems concerning the rental business. He will be responsible for collecting rent, depositing it in your account, maintaining financial records etc. on your behalf.
- Increase Profits: You can actually increase your profit margin from your rental income by hiring a professional property management company. They have a vast network of certified and affordable contractors whom they employ for the repair and maintenance work in your commercial property. Thus, when all the overheads are reduced your profit margins are sure to rise.
We, at John Reider Properties, provide complete property management services for commercial properties in KilleenTX. For more information, call us at (254) 699 – 8300.
12. December 2014 13:02
A property manager or estate manager assists the property owner in managing his residential or commercial property. He ensures that the property stays in a good condition, has regular tenancy and is advertized properly. A property manager also takes care of all the paper work and complaints by tenants.
The typical duties of a property manager include:
- Finding the tenant: This is one of the most important duties of a property manager. He finds the appropriate tenant for the property after performing a background check and income verification.
- Collecting rent: Responsibilities of a property manager also include collection of rent. He collects and delivers the rent to the owner regularly which ensures that the owner does not have to go through the hassles of rent collection.
- Evaluating property: Property manager must be aware of the market trends so that he can determine the correct value of the property and provide appropriate amount of rent from the lodger. He should suggest the owner with measures that could help increase the property value.
- Handling repairs: Supervision of the property repairs also fall under the list of services that a property manager provides his clients. In case the tenant damages the property or wants certain repairs, the property manager ensures that the repairs are completed on time and services are provided at affordable prices.
- Handling paper work: The tenant handles all the paper work that is involved in leasing of the property. The owner does not have to worry about the legal formalities or technicalities of drawing up the contract.
- Managing vacant properties: The property manager oversees the properties condition even if it is vacant. He ensures that adequate measures are taken to prevent any kind of property damage and conducts regular visits.
- Advertizing property: The property manager is responsible for proper marketing of the house including staging of the property. The owner‘s property is properly advertized so that he gets viable tenant options. Property managers provide their services for residential as well as commercial properties.
- Link between tenant and owner: It is the property manager who interacts with the tenant and is responsible for handling any kind of issues with him. If the tenants have any complaints and would like to make some changes, then the property manager acts as the intermediator between the landlord and the tenant.
We, at John Reider Properties provide comprehensive property management services to our clients in Harker Heights, TX. For more details, you can call us at (254) 699-8300 or visit at 455 E. Central Texas Expwy Suite 101 Harker Heights, TX 76548.