Maintaining your commercial property is necessary to keep its value intact. This makes it important to choose an efficient property management agency. The right firm is one that provides better returns on your investment, helps in retaining tenants and increases the value of your property.
As per your personal investment objectives, following points should be considered when choosing a property management company:
- Reputation: Research about the reputation, integrity and honesty of the agency you intend to hire for commercial property management. Consider how the agency manages its work and the level of commitment projected by its team of professionals.
- Services: Check whether the services provided by the agency meet your expectations and fulfill your specific needs. Common services provided by a property management agency are management planning, financial reporting, budgeting, market rent analysis, rent collection, maintenance programs, etc.
- Knowledge and Experience: Determine the number of years for which the agency has been working in the field of commercial property management. Ask for information on its background, resume, history, etc. See whether they understand your needs, tenant screening process they follow, whether they manage multiple properties, etc.
- Management Software: A good property management agency is particular about using the right software. To get an idea about this aspect, see how the company integrates tenant information, maintenance requests and accounting.
- Accessibility And Responsiveness: An ideal property management agency is one that is highly responsive and accessible when needed by a client. You can gauge this by the way you are assisted with your queries. The team should communicate in a respectful, enthusiastic and patient manner when discussing their policies and procedures.
- Tenant Retention: A tenant retention plan can be a determining factor of a commercial property’s survival. Check with the property management agency about the efforts that they make to retain tenants during lease term and after the lease expires.
John Reider Properties is a renowned commercial property management agency. The team offers a variety of management services including on-site consultation, property inspection & maintenance, etc. For more details on choosing a commercial property management agency, visit 455 E. Central Texas Expwy Suite 101, Harker Heights, TX – 76548. You can call us at: (254) 699 – 8300.